When it comes to your pets and the products you buy for them, who says “Safe” is safe?
- For many classes of pet products, manufacturers are not required to test their products.
- Safety claims go unchecked due to lack of industry oversight.
- Unlike consumer products – there are no standards to ensure product safety.
- Manufacturers pay for positive product reviews.
So how do you, the pet owner, cut through the marketing hype? The Center for Pet Safety was founded to be your advocate and work to separate marketing fact from fiction. We’re working to bring you facts. Welcome to the Science of Pet Safety!
We know that many of you want us to look at more products – and we’re working hard to get there – but we simply cannot do it alone. Your support of our mission will help us move forward – faster! Donations to CPS are tax deductible and there are several ways to contribute:
QGiv – A secure way to donate today!
PayPal – A convenient way to support CPS!
To be among the first to hear the latest advancements, please follow us!
The Center for Pet Safety Mission
The Center for Pet Safety’s mission is to have an enduring, positive impact on the survivability, health, safety and well-being of companion animals and the consumer through scientific research and product testing.
- Center for Pet Safety Poison Prevention Tips - Center for Pet Safety has prepared the following information to help you keep your pets safe. Poisonings are typically accidental in nature and pet owners won’t necessarily be able to identify exactly what is wrong, because the symptoms can range … Continue reading
- Memorial Day: Military Dogs - Let Us Not Forget the Military Dogs Who Bravely Served On Memorial Day, we remember those brave men and women who have given their lives for our country. Let us also salute the courageous Military Dogs who have perished in … Continue reading
- Tips for the Responsible Pet Owner - In recent news, a pet escaped from its owner, made its way to a shelter and, after three days, was adopted by another family. Unfortunately, the dog was not microchipped and the shelter had no way of tracking down the … Continue reading
- What is Your Pet Worth? - Seeing a dog’s furry nose and flopping ears peering from the window of a car may bring a smile to a weary traveler’s face. Our pets are our trusted companions and often we carry them in our vehicles for company … Continue reading
- Recall: Roo Bites (Cubes) Pet Treats, Possible Contamination - Jump Your Bones Pet Treats Recall Jump Your Bones, Inc. Recalls Roo Bites (Cubes) Pet Treats Because of Possible Salmonella Contamination Published by the US Food and Drug Administration December 31, 2014 – Jump Your Bones, Inc. of Boca Raton, Florida is … Continue reading
- Solvit Deluxe Car Safety Harness – The Rest of the Story - Last night the Canadian Broadcast Corporation’s Marketplace program aired a segment on pet safety. It was an excellent profile on why the efforts of Center for Pet Safety are needed. We’re working to bring truth-in-marketing to the pet products industry … Continue reading
- What will your story be? - I was on the edge of my seat. Sitting in front of the computer, I was getting ready to speak to a pet owner about her dog. The phone rang and after cordial introductions, I listened. It was her first puppy. She … Continue reading